Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sunset Cruise 9-18-08

I blew out of work just after 4:00 today and headed to the marina. I had to change the secondary fuel filter on the boat. That took all of a half hour. So, Eileen and I decided to take a sunset cruise. We picked up a couple of pizzas from the Piper and headed out to the big lake. Winds were out of the East at 6 to 8 knots. That means flat seas on Lake Michigan. We unfurled the genoa and headed South along the beach. What a wonderful quiet time. A couple of rum and cokes later, the sun was setting and it was B E A utiful.

After two rum and cokes!


Shiloh on watch


Eileen on watch!

The sun melting into Lake Michigan The dune just to the south of the channel taken from Lake Macatawa

1 comment:

The Cornell's said...

Beautiful pictures! I hope you guys have a fantastic time with Marc, Kathy, and the kids. (I'm not jealous at all... I promise.)