Saturday, October 27, 2012

Here Comes Sandy

Sandy is a hurricane, currently north of the Bahamas, on the way to the Mid-Atlantic Region! I spent the morning getting Domingoman ready to weather whatever Sandy has to throw at her! I am not concerned about the wind or the rain, but I am however, concerned about storm surge.  We are on the bulkhead and have only about 4 feet from sea level to the top of the pilings.   

 Here is Sandy's projected path (five-day cone). We are hoping that it takes a more northerly path.  If the eye passes to the south of Annapolis, Sandy will be blowing water into and up the Bay.  If it passes to the north, it will blow the water out of the Bay and Domingoman will be sitting on her keel in the slip. 


 Double dock lines are in order to prepare for a storm of this magnitude


Bimini is off, headsail is off, everything battened down.  I am hoping for the best, but expecting the worst!

1 comment:

The Cornell's said...

Oh man! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.