Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Smiths 8-26-08

On my first day back to work after having the previous 11 days off, I just had to go sailing. Eileen arranged for our friends Greg, Linda, and Maggie to join us on short notice. We had a rare East wind at 10 to 12 knots and very flat seas. We sailed North toward Port Sheldon at speeds of 6 - 7.5 knots under full sail. We reached for about an hour and a half and then came about and reached back to the Holland pier head, watching the sun melt into the sea on the way! It was one of those real nice sails. Everyone seemed to be hitting the chianti but I was happy with my blue light specials! I always am!!

Greg at the helm, Maggie and Eileen

Jamie and Maggie working on a crossword puzzle


Jack...I'm flying!


Just after sunset


Heading back to Lake Mac

No comments: