Thursday, August 12, 2010

1st Annual Leadership Meeting 8-12-10

A beautiful Thursday afternoon for a work meeting out on the Bay! Amit, Tom, Jeff, and I took the opportunity to get away from the office and do some male bonding! We sailed 14 NM in 8-13 kts of wind. We had to keep an eye on the weather as we had severe thunderstorms roll through in the morning. I second-guessed the weather channel girl (as Jimmy Buffett would say) and it was a good call! That weather and climate class that I took back in college continues to pay dividends!

Amit at the helm, Jeff to starboard and Tom in the companionway.
"Dr Marvin...I'm sailing!!"

Tom's turn at the helm

Tom and I enjoying the Hemmingway cigars that Stephen left for me last week.

Usually PIW stands for "person in water." This was the first approach on the rescue misison as we had a "pillow in water." This is not Jeff's better side!

Jeff at the helm, heading back to port. It was a great afternoon! Thanks guys!





No comments: