Monday, August 23, 2010

Saying Goodbye 8-23-10

Today, we hauled Domingoman to get her ready for her long winter's nap! It was a day of work and grieving for me. So many memories of our first season on the Chesapeake, all coming to an end. This is really really early to be thinking about pulling your boat out of the water, and even earlier when you actually have to do it. I really appreciated the help that I received from my son-in-law Brad over the past two days. He helped with taking down the sails, bimini, flag, etc. Today I gave her a good bath, changed the oil, etc. We will launch again in April 2011 and the sailing adventures will continue! For now, we will invoke the "and other" adventures as the blog title suggests! We are off to Malaysia in just two short weeks! Stay tuned!

Captain, First Mate, and Scallywag!


Up on the travel lift

Heading toward dry dock

Stephanie said "this is like a boat graveyard. She is in her resting place...Purgatory!!!"

This was when I had a lump in my throat. I had to go back to our slip to take the fenders and dock lines off of the pilings. We look forward to more adventures next season!

No comments: