Sunday, August 22, 2010

Last Sail 8-21-10

Domingoman is scheduled to be hauled on Monday morning, so Eileen and I went back out for our final sail of the season...just the two of us. We beat across the Bay in 8-12 knot winds, perfect conditions. However, when we came about and headed back toward port on a reach, it hit us both. This is it! Things got kind of quiet on board as we were both taking it in. For the next hour-plus, we didn't say much. Eileen went up on the port rail and I remained in the cockpit. As Annapolis came into clear view and we got closer to the mouth of Back Creek, I did everything I could to capture this in my mind's eye. Eileen said "this is a holy moment" and I agreed!

I thought about how great this sailing season was on our new boat, and how many guests we had on board. We filled 3 1/2 pages in the guest log and sailed over 400 NM. Thanks to all who joined us this year. We have been enriched by your presence.


1 comment:

Chris said...

I just teared up reading this. As one of the visitors who enjoyed sailing with you this summer and having just left Annapolis and her beautiful Bay I have some idea what that final sail together was for you both. Looking forward to being aboard Domingoman with you next summer!! Traveling Mercies, my friends!