Friday, January 2, 2009

Saying Goodbye...

Today, Eileen and I said goodbye to Latigo. We have sold her and she will be transported to Detroit. I am filled with mixed emotions as I write this. Obviously, I am very happy to have one less headache relative to our move to Annapolis. On the other hand, I will very much miss this boat. I have bonded with this boat like no other boat that we have owned. I spent countless hours, restoring her to her original beauty, fixing the engine, and performing the maintenance that comes along with sailboat ownership. What joy we had with friends and family aboard Latigo during the 2008 sailing season as we logged over 400 nautical miles. There are more than 40 posts on this blog, highlighting our sailing season. Our plan is to begin looking for a boat in Maryland so the adventures will continue!

Fair winds,
Captain Rizzo



1 comment:

LeahMatthewGail said...

sniff sniff. i enjoyed her too. thanks for sharing!